Hi Math is Everywhere Readers,
I’m jumping for joy because…
I’ve joined Red Fox Literary as an agent!
And better yet, Team Sanchez has been kind enough to join me!
Today Team Sanchez and I will share a bit about the move to Red Fox Literary, how excited we are about Red Fox, and, of course, have some giveaways to celebrate our news!
First, the press release!
(I still can’t believe it! I’ve never had a press release before. The Red Fox team did such a beautiful job with it! Not only are the books the team writes and reps beautiful, but their announcements are beautiful too!)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kaitlyn Sanchez Joins West Coast–Based Red Fox Literary
SHELL BEACH, CA—February 10, 2021: Former Olswanger Literary associate agent Kaitlyn Sanchez will join boutique agency Red Fox Literary this month.
Red Fox co-founder, Karen Grencik, says, “We are delighted to add Kaitlyn Sanchez to our existing team of five agents. Her work ethic, passion for the business, and drive make her a perfect fit for Red Fox Literary.”
Sanchez began her agenting career as a literary intern in 2019 at Olswanger Literary, where she went on to sell five book projects in her first year as an associate agent. Sanchez specializes in representing clients in all genres of children’s literature from picture book through young adult.
For Sanchez, the best part of being an agent is helping creators bring beautiful books into the world. “Joining Red Fox Literary feels like coming home,” she says. “Especially since the team is just overflowing with kindness, creativity, and enthusiasm.”
The addition of Sanchez comes at a momentous time for Red Fox Literary. Just a few weeks ago, the agency, founded by Karen Grencik and Abigail Samoun in 2011, was proud to garner six ALA Youth Awards by its clients, including Newbery Honors for Christina Soontornvat’s All Thirteen and A Wish In the Dark (represented by Red Fox’s Stephanie Fretwell-Hill) and a Coretta Scott King Honor for Suzanne Slade’s Exquisite (represented by Grencik). The agency represents over one-hundred authors and illustrators, including Soontornvat, National Book Award finalist Beth Kephart, R.W. Alley, Marsha Diane Arnold, Dan Krall, Masha D’yans, Hannah Harrison, Matt Faulkner, Baptiste Paul, and other stand-out talent.
Red Fox’s other agents include Stephanie Fretwell-Hill, Jennie Kendrick, and Jenna Poicus, with administrative assistant Kinsey Beckett rounding out the team.
“We are so happy to have Kaitlyn join our little fox den,” says co-founder Abigail Samoun. “She echoes our enthusiasm and love for the children’s book business and we’re looking forward to her bringing some great projects our way.”
Kaitlyn Sanchez will only be open to submissions from those who are submitting to her via conferences and referrals. When she’s open to submissions again, it will be updated on the Red Fox website, http://www.redfoxliterary.com, as well as on her blog: https://kaitlynleannsanchez.com/blog/
Wow, was that announcement fun or what?!? And three cheers for all of Red Fox’s amazing ALA award winners!
Note: For those of you who were kind enough to send me your query while I was with Olswanger Literary, please know I will still be responding to all of them. Anna has been incredibly supportive and has generously given me as much time as I need to still have access to the Olswanger email address, so rest assured you’ll hear back soon!
And now to share all the jumping-for-joy excitement from Team Sanchez:
In case you can’t tell, we are all super excited about being so warmly welcomed into the fox den!
And now… Drum roll please… The part you’ve all been waiting for: the giveaways!
You could win:
- Kaitlyn Sanchez: Above the Slush Pass for Kaitlyn
- Jolene: Critique of a non-rhyming fiction picture book 700 words or less.
- DK Ryland: Critique of a non-rhyming fiction picture book manuscript or dummy.
- David McMullin: Critique of any fiction picture book.
- Carol Gordon Ekster: Critique of a non-rhyming fiction picture book 700 words or less.
- Laura K Zimmermann: Critique of a nonfiction picture book 700 words or less.
- Margaret Aitken: Critique of picture book manuscript (rhyme or prose).
- Monica Acker: Critique of a non-rhyming fiction picture book 700 words or less.
- Heather Bell: Critique of a fiction picture book manuscript or dummy.
- Pooja Nukala: Critique of a non-rhyming fiction/non-fiction picture book
- Hillora Lang: Workshop/critique of the first twenty pages of a YA manuscript.
- Maryam Khalifah: One-of-a-kind post card with a piece of Maryam’s art!
- Sarah Hovorka: non-rhyming fiction picture book and query critique or first ten pages and synopsis chapter book critique
- Alyssa Reynoso-Morris: Critique of a non-rhyming fiction picture book 700 words or less OR a query letter critique.
To get in on the giveaway:
Follow all of the Team Sanchez clients and Red Fox on Twitter. Then Quote Retweet this tweet using “#TeamSanchez heads to @RedFoxLiterary” and tag 3 friends!
Thank you all for your wonderful support of these amazing creators!
Kaitlyn Leann Sanchez